One of the best parts of going down to the Jersey Shore is hitting the boardwalk and getting some piping hot, ooey gooey Monkey Bread. For those not from these parts, Monkey Bread is essentially little dough balls all baked together, covered in cinnamon and sugar, so they’re little bite-sized pieces that you rip off. Often served with icing, it’s a truly decadent treat that reminds me of cool summer nights strolling the boardwalk.
This version is far lighter, made with a protein-packed Greek Yogurt based dough. The end result is a chewy, sweet, and delicious dessert that you can feel good about. Each of these muffins comes out to 9 WW SP, and it’s worth every single one.
Healthier Funfetti Monkey Bread
- Mixing Bowls
- Muffin Pan
- 1 cup Greek yogurt 0%
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk start with 1/2 tbsp and add more until you reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine Greek yogurt and flour and stir until dough is uniform. It will start shaggy and clumpy, will need to stir for a while (a mixer with a bread hook is great here). Then stir in sprinkles.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Take your dough and roll it into ~1/2 to 1 inch balls. Put them on a cookie sheet or in a large bowl.
- Spray the balls with cooking spray so they’re all covered. Then toss with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Put ~5 or so balls into each lined muffin tin, and bake for 25-30 min, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk to create glaze. Pour over monkey breads (and add extra sprinkles) and ENJOY!!