Greek yogurt pancakes have quickly become a staple in my house. They’re a healthier spin on a childhood favorite dish, and they’re great to make ahead. I typically whip up a big batch at the beginning of the week and then enjoy them for the next few days. Simply pop them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, top with syrup, and you’ve got a surefire great start to your day. Now, one of my kitchen staples is getting a Fall-themed makeover: pumpkin pancakes that are WW friendly are HERE!
Lightening up traditional pancakes
Traditional pancake recipes typically call for lots of butter, buttermilk, sugar, etc. While delicious, not so great for you. My recipe calls for nonfat Greek yogurt and unsweetened pumpkin puree, which are both healthier alternatives (and 0 WWSP!). Another thing you’ll notice is that my recipe has no sugar. None. It’s literally not sweet.
Before you get upset – here’s my rationale: you’re going to put syrup on these anyway. Syrup is literally liquid sugar. Why double sugar if you don’t need to?!
If you’re not into syrup and want to sweeten the pancakes, you can always add 1/4 cup of sugar into the batter (and adjust the points value accordingly), but I prefer not to. I love that these have a pumpkin spice flavor with a bit of tartness from the Greek yogurt, almost reminiscent of sourdough pancakes. They’ve also got a great texture – dense yet fluffy. I guarantee that once you make them, you’ll realize why I can’t stop making them.
Greek Yogurt makes everything better
It’s one of my staples in the kitchen! It’s a great baking hack to ensure that your baked goods are moist, yet lighter. Check out some of my other recipes made with nonfat Greek Yogurt as the star:
- Healthier Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Light Key Lime Pie Dip
- Lighter Chocolate Cupcake
- PB & J Mini Buns
- Healthier Funfetti Cinnamon Buns
- Lighter Chocolate Cake with Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Healthier Funfetti Monkey Bread
- Healthier Oreo Nutella Cinnamon Buns
But I digress.
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Mixing Bowls
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt I like Fage 0%
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice I use almond or oat, both work great
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and whisk it all together until you have a smooth batter.
- Cook like a regular pancake – spray a non-stick skillet on medium high heat with cooking spray, pour roughly 2 tbsp of batter, and once you see bubbles on the surface, flip it!
- Once both sides are lightly browned, remove from skillet and repeat.
- Top pancakes with nuts, chocolate chips, and maple syrup, and have the best morning ever!
3 thoughts on “Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Pancakes”
I’m getting hungry already😋
🤩 this is healthy and looks amazing!
Thank you so much!