(Vegan) Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Frosting
Have some bananas that are at the end of their life? Before you make yet another banana bread – try this amazing cake recipe that’s (shockingly) vegan! The cake is fluffy and full of banana flavor, and the frosting is so decadent you’ll be eating it with a spoon.
- Mixing Bowls
- Cake Pan
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/8 cup AP flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8-1/4 cup almond milk or other plant milk
- 3/4 tsp white wine vinegar
- Splash of vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp plant based shortening or butter if not vegan – softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- Optional chocolate chips (can be vegan depending on which brand you use)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a bowl
- Mash ripe bananas, add oil, vanilla, vinegar, milk
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, combine well.
- Bake cake in 9" cake pan for 25-30 min, until toothpick comes out clean
- For frosting, simply combine all ingredients with mixer or whisk. Whip until no chunks remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Ice your cake however you please! You can make an iced loaf, a multi tier cake, etc! Remember, this recipe is for a HALF CAKE (I personally would have eaten an entire one otherwise, so be sure to double everything if you want a full 2 layer 9 inch cake)
To frost a half cake but still get beautiful layers, cut your cake in half, so that you have two half-moon shapes. Level each half. Then, frost one half, stacking the other on top, so you have a 2-layer half-moon. Then frost the top and sides, decorate as you please, and slice!
Calories: 762kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 15gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 733mgPotassium: 512mgFiber: 5gSugar: 58gVitamin A: 471IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Add your thoughts below in the comments or post on social media and tag @foodbythegram!
1 thought on “(Vegan) Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Frosting”
My favourite flavours in a vegan cake – superb!!!
I am just sending out a general invite to any baking bloggers who might not have seen the promotional posts for THE GREAT BLOGGERS’ BAKE-OFF 2020 SUMMER PICNIC.
There is no obligation for anyone to take part, we just want to make sure bloggers know they are very welcome to join in!
Any questions, please drop me a message at email@example.com