I live in Philly where the summers are BRUTAL. This summer has already been one for the record books, with temps soaring up to 100 F – eek! With the weather so toasty, I’m always down for a cold treat to help keep me cool. These Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles are just that – a cool, refreshing take on a classic dessert, made WW friendly with a few sneaky substitutions. The end result is a creamy, fruity, decadent popsicle that’s as easy to make as it is to enjoy!
Making Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
One of the reasons I love popsicles is because they’re inherently easy to make. As long as you have a popsicle mold, you just mix, fill, freeze, and enjoy!
To make the pops, you’ll need:
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt. I prefer Fage 0% but any brand will work.
- Unsweetened almond milk, plain or vanilla variety. You can substitute any milk you like (oat, regular, etc), just calculate points accordingly.
- Fresh strawberries, cut into slices so that you get real chunks of fresh berry in each bite.
- A hint of vanilla extract for flavor.
- Agave nectar to sweeten the pops. You can substitute honey, sugar substitute, or maple syrup.
- Sugar free strawberry jam, which will swirl strawberry flavor throughout and add more sweetness.
Combine your yogurt, agave, vanilla, and milk and stir to fully combine (or put into a blender). Once combined, swirl your jam in, not mixing fully if you want to have ribbons of strawberry flavor throughout. Set aside.
Chop your strawberries into thin slices and put a few slices into each mold. Fill molds about 7/8ths of the way and cover. Insert popsicle stick so about 1 inch is left exposed, and let your popsicles freeze overnight. To remove from molds, run the molds under some hot water until the popsicles loosen. Enjoy immediately and store in the freezer!
Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Mixing Bowls
- Popsicle Molds
- 1/2 cup fresh cut strawberries slices
- 1 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk plain or vanilla
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp sugar free strawberry jam
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine yogurt, milk, vanilla, and agave in a bowl or blender and combine fully until uniform. Carefully swirl jam in to create ribbons of jam without fully incorporating it.
- Slice strawberries and add a few slices into each cavity of popsicle mold. Top with cheesecake mixture until each cavity is roughly 7/8ths full. Top with lid and insert popsicle sticks, so that about an inch of the stick remains sticking out.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably 10+. To remove from molds, run under hot water to loosen the pops and then remove and enjoy! Store leftovers in the freezer.