So cake is basically a food group as far as I’m concerned. I love any combination of creamy frosting and soft cake layers, and love adding all of my favorite mix in’s. Whether fruity, chocolatey, or full of candy – cake is always a good idea. However, cake can also take a WHILE. Between baking the layers, making the frosting, decorating, etc – it’s a process. That’s why this Confetti Icebox Cake is the best. It takes about 15 minutes to put together, and then you just chill it in the fridge and within a few hours, it’s firmed up and ready to cut and enjoy! It’s sweet, creamy, and the perfect treat for any occasion (and it’s just 6 WW SP a serving).
Making Confetti Icebox Cake
Making this cake couldn’t be easier. Truly, it’s foolproof. It just takes a handful of ingredients, many of which are likely in your fridge/pantry anyway, and you’ve got yourself a delicious treat! To make this cake, you’ll need:
- Sugar free pudding mix. I used vanilla and combine it with almond extract to give a birthday cake flavor. Truly, you can use any flavor of pudding you like and it’ll be delicious.
- Milk, which you’ll use to make your pudding.
- Fat free cool whip. This will give texture to your pudding and make for the perfect topping.
- Fat free graham crackers. These are essentially the ‘cake’ portion. Once it sits, the liquid from the pudding will soften the graham crackers and make them more cake-like.
- Sprinkles! Lots of em.
First, you’ll make your pudding mixture. You’ll make this by mixing the entire 1 oz packet of pudding mix with 1 3/4 cups fat free milk. Whisk it for 2 minutes until it starts to set, and then let it set for about 5 minutes. Once it’s soft set, you can fold in your cool whip.
To make this cake, you’ll need a 9×5 loaf pan, which will yield 8 servings (perfect for a small gathering or just two people for a few days). You’ll start with a layer of graham crackers on the bottom. I break them up into smaller pieces to get more coverage, but it’s ok if there are some spaces. Then, you’ll cover those grahams with 1/3 of the pudding mixture and some sprinkles. Repeat this 3x until you’ve used all of your grahams and pudding. Top with 1/2 cup of cool whip and spread it to cover the top. Add more sprinkles, cover with plastic wrap, and throw it in the fridge for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight). Then, just use a spatula to slice and scoop and ENJOY!
Once of the things I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can really swap the flavors however you want to create your perfect icebox cake. Some suggested swaps/combos:
- Use chocolate graham crackers and chocolate pudding and skip the almond extract for a rich, chocolatey cake
- Add sliced bananas for a quick take on banana cream pie
- Add sliced strawberries extra cool whip in between layers to create a strawberries and cream cake
- Use sugar free pistachio pudding and add crushed pistachios for a nutty delight
- Use cinnamon grahams and add cinnamon sugar in between layers for a cinnabun cake
The possibilities are endless! You can also easily adjust the size if you have a larger crowd. This recipe is for a 9×5 loaf pan, but you can double the recipe and make this in a 9×9 square pan.
Confetti Icebox Cake
- Mixing Bowls
- 9×5 Loaf Pan
- 8 low fat graham crackers
- 1 package sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix 1 oz
- 1 3/4 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp sprinkles
- 1 cup fat free Cool Whip
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and mix and whisk together for 2 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes until thick. Add almond extract and fold in 1/2 cup of cool whip. Set aside.
- Break up graham cracker sheets. Cover base of your pan with graham cracker sheets, then layer on roughly 1/3 of pudding mixture and sprinkle with 2 tsp of sprinkles. Then layer more graham crackers, another 1/3 of pudding mixture, another 2 tsp sprinkles. Lay on the final layer of graham crackers, the final 1/3 of the pudding mixture, 2 tsp sprinkles.
- Top with 1/2 cup of Cool Whip and rest of sprinkles. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Slice into 10 servings and enjoy!
- 6 points per slice on all plans