Before you use that brownie mix to make yet another round of brownies – why not mix it up? Why not elevate it? Why not turn it into these Salted Brownie Cookies! These are sweet and salty, rich and fudgy, and are sure to wow at your next event or cookie swap.
Salted Brownie Cookies
- Mixing Bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 18 oz. box brownie mix (note, if using Betty Crocker brand, add 1 tsp baking soda to the recipe so your cookies have some rise. Other brands like Duncan Hines or Ghirardelli don’t need the baking soda)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- Optional extra chocolate chips in batter (roughly 1/2 cup)
- Sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine brownie mix and flour, whisking until combined. Add baking soda if needed
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, water, oil
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add chocolate chips if using.
- Using a spoon and wet hands, roll dough into balls roughly 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 min (check them, they should be chewy and you don’t want to over bake!)
- Top with flaked sea salt and enjoy! These are delicious warm (serve with some ice cream) or cooled off!