I’ve said it a million times – ya girl is not a morning person. I’m much more of a night owl, which often means going to bed pretty late, thus not wanting to get my butt out of bed. That usually also means not having much time for breakfast, which is one of the reasons I make this super quick protein shake almost daily. However, there are days when I want something more savory and more substantial. These Mini Quiche with Hash Brown Crust are perfect for folks like me – they’re quick and easy to prep ahead of time, reheat well, and they’re SO tasty. Soft, fluffy eggs, your favorite fillings, and a cheesy hash brown crust – what could be better?!
Making Mini Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
These quiche are an absolute breeze to make, and with a little bit of prep, you can enjoy breakfast (or snack/lunch) all week long.
For the crust, you’ll need:
- Shredded hash browns, nothing added
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fat free shredded cheese, any works, but I used cheddar
You’ll combine the crust ingredients, and press 1/4 cup of each into a well-sprayed muffin tin. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, until the crusts are lightly browned and set. While they bake, you can work on your filling.
For the filling, I chose bacon and spinach, but you can use anything you like. I used:
- Milk, to make them fluffy (any milk works)
- Seasoning (I’m an EBTB fan)
- Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Spinach, chopped
Some other ideas would be to add cooked onion, add more cheese into the filling, make it vegetarian, etc – the sky is really the limit. Once you’ve cooked your bacon and spinach, you just need to beat the eggs, combine everything, and fill the hash brown crusts. You’ll want to put roughly 3 tbsp of filling into each crust, and then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the eggs are completely set. Let cool slightly, and voila! Meal prep is done.
Store these in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, either microwave them for ~45 seconds or bake them in the oven at 375 for 5-6 minutes.
Mini Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
- Mixing Bowls
- Muffin Tin
- 2.5 cups hash browns
- 3/4 cup fat free cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices Bacon Cooked and chopped, approximately 1/4 cup
- 10 Eggs medium, or 8 large
- 1/4 cup Milk any milk works
- 3/4 cup Spinach finely chopped
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375.
- If using frozen hash browns, thaw them in the fridge for 24 hours or at room temp for 2 hours. Combine hash browns with shredded cheese, salt, pepper in mixing bowl.
- Spray muffin pan well with cooking spray, and fill each with 1/4 cup of the hash brown mixture. Press firmly to create outer crust. Bake for 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cook bacon and chop finely. Chop spinach. If using frozen spinach, microwave for 1 min, until thawed, and press out any excess water.
- Beat eggs with milk and season with everything bagel seasoning or salt and pepper. Add bacon. Break up spinach and gently fold in as the last step.
- Remove hash brown crusts from oven, fill each with egg mixture (approximately 3 tbsp in each cup).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until eggs are completely set. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave (45 sec) or oven (375 for 5-6 min).