Some days, I really just don’t have the time/energy/appetite for making breakfast. When I do, I’m all about the pancakes and waffles, but some days, especially when I sleep through an alarm or two (oops), I need something quick. This Iced Coffee Protein Shake has become an absolute staple. It’s filling, gets me my caffeine fix, and is only 1 WW SP.
Making the Iced Coffee Protein Shake
As I said before – this is my go-to for something quick. And I mean QUICK. This shake comes together in 2 minutes, and is really as simple as pour, stir, sip. The components of the shake are:
- Ice. Duh. Just 3 cubes or so – you don’t want them to water it down as they melt. If you like your coffee strong, freeze some coffee in an ice cube tray and use those as your cubes. This way, as they melt, your coffee gets stronger instead of getting watered down.
- Iced coffee/cold brew. I really like Starbucks Blonde Roast, as it’s super mild, but I’ve made this shake with La Colombe Iced Coffee, Trader Joe’s brand, and iced coffee that I’ve made myself.
- Unsweetened almond milk. I use about 3-4 tbsp, which is 0 WW points. You can use any milk you want and it’ll be delicious – I’ve made this with oat milk, regular milk, Nutpods dairy free creamer (just 1 tbsp then), etc.
- Premier Protein Shake. I use Cafe Latte flavor, which I buy at Target and get shipped (here’s the link). I also make this shake with the chocolate and cookies and cream flavors when I want to mix it up. There are a ton of different flavors, so play around with what you like. I use 1/2 of the shake, which is 1 WW SP.
- Fat free Reddi Wip, which is 0 SP for 2 tbsp. I use this to top it off and add a little creaminess.
I pour it all of the liquids into the glass, use a reusable metal straw (like these) to stir it all together, and top with the whipped cream. The shake is 1 WW SP of pure morning bliss.
Iced Coffee Protein Shake
- 3 Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Iced coffee
- 1/2 Premier Protein Cafe Latte protein shake or any flavor you like
- 3 tbsp Almond milk unsweetened, plain or vanilla
- 2 tbsp Fat free Reddi Wip
- Put ice cubes in glass, and pour coffee in first. Add almond milk and 1/2 protein shake and stir together.
- Top with 2 tbsp fat free Reddi Wip. Enjoy immediately!