When the weather is hot, I’m alllll about the cold, refreshing recipes. Give me anything frozen, no-bake, etc. These Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect summer treat – easy to make, no baking required, and they’re cool and refreshing. They’ve got a delightful tartness from the lime, while still being creamy and indulgent. Smushed between two graham crackers, these really taste like key lime pie (just in a fun little package). They’re easy to make ahead and store in your freezer for when your sweet tooth hits, and they’re a lightened-up, WW friendly option!
Making Key Lime Pie ice cream sandwiches
These tasty treats are a breeze to whip up! They’re perfect for summer too since they don’t require a lot of time in the kitchen (or any baking, etc). Just mix up your filling, build your sandwiches, and freeze. Then you’ll cut them apart once frozen and you’re ready to enjoy!
The outside of these sandwiches are reduced fat graham crackers, which also add to the key lime pie flavor (since key lime pie typically has a graham cracker crust). Then, for the filling, you’ll need:
- Key lime flavor Greek Yogurt (I used Danon Light n’ Fit)
- Fat free cool whip
- Zest of a fresh lime
Mix up the yogurt, cool whip, and lime zest until you have a smooth, uniform mixture. Then, break graham crackers into squares and place half of the graham crackers in the base of a container that’s lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap to make them easier to remove. Make sure the squares are touching. Put your key lime mixture over the graham crackers, leaving it pretty thick but making sure it’s covering all the squares. Top with remaining squares so that they line up with the ones on the bottom, cover, and freeze for at least 5 hours. Once fully frozen, cut in between sandwiches to separate and enjoy! Store leftovers in the freezer.
If you like these, you should also try my light key lime pie dip – another easy no-bake dessert that’s perfect for summer!
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Dish
- 6 reduced fat graham cracker sheets broken into 12 squares
- 1 cup fat free cool whip thawed
- Zest of one lime
- 5.3 oz light n fit key lime greek yogurt
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper or plastic wrap to prevent sticking and put the 6 halves of graham crackers in the dish
- Combine the whipped topping, yogurt, zest in a large bowl and mix until uniform
- Spread key lime mixture on top of graham crackers and top with remaining graham crackers, trying to line them up with the bottom ones.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into bars and enjoy. Store in a freezer bag in the freezer.