Ever since I started turning my healthier pancake recipe into pancake poppers (I have chocolate strawberry and birthday cake variations as well), they’ve been some of my most popular recipes. So I’m back with another variation that you’re going to love – blueberry pancake poppers! They’re a fun, poppable twist on a classic pancake (blueberry is a personal favorite) and they’re quick and easy to make. I make a batch of these at the beginning of the week and eat them for breakfast, as a snack, etc. The lightly sweet, lightly tart pancake base is complemented perfectly by big, juicy blueberries, making for a killer flavor combination. 2 blueberry pancake poppers is 1 WW SP, so go ahead – have a few!
Making Blueberry Pancake Poppers
Like my other pancake popper recipes, these are a breeze to make. Simply combine, mix, bake, and store. Then, you can easily reheat them throughout the week to enjoy with or as a meal. These poppers consist of:
- Nonfat greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
- All purpose flour, baking powder, salt (or you can substitute 1 cup self rising flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- Vanilla extract for flavor
- Eggs to hold them together
- Almond milk to make them fluffy (can substitute any milk – dairy or non dairy)
- A hint of sugar (you can substitute a sugar substitute such as Swerve, Truvia, etc)
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen work)
You’ll combine your dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another. This ensures you have a smooth batter once you mix wet and dry together. Lastly, you’ll fold in the blueberries. Mix them in gently, so they’re coated in batter, but be careful not to over-mix and dye your poppers purple! Fill your prepared, lined mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Storage and serving
You’ll want to store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. When it’s time to serve them, just pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds to warm them through, and enjoy!
I like to enjoy these on their own, but you can also:
- dip them in some maple syrup
- top with some whipped cream
- serve alongside eggs and bacon for a hearty meal
- create a breakfast board with fruits, cheeses, and breakfast meats
The possibilities are endless! And they’re all delicious- I promise.
Blueberry Pancake Poppers
- Mixing Bowls
- Mini Muffin Pan
- 1 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt I like Fage 0%
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 2/3 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract and stir until uniform.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir until well combined. Gently fold in blueberries, being careful not to over-mix.
- Prepare mini muffin pan by spraying well with cooking spray. Divide batter into 32.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then enjoy!
- 2 for 1 SP
- 4 for 2 SP
- 6 for 3 SP
- 1 for 1 SP
- 3 for 2 SP
- 4 for 3 SP