My greek yogurt pancakes are one of my favorite recipes ever. They’re fluffy, satisfying, and super versatile, so you can mix in whatever. They’re also super WW friendly, and a big pancake is just 1 SP (so you can totally enjoy a stack and stay on plan). I love to make a big batch of them at the beginning of the week and just heat them up in the microwave when I want one, but pancakes aren’t the best grab-and-go shape. Until now. These chocolate strawberry pancake poppers are the delicious, fluffy, satisfying pancake texture you crave, in a perfect, poppable form. At just 1 WW SP each, they’re a great breakfast or snack option, and they’re already sweetened by the fruit + chocolate, so no syrup needed!
Making Chocolate Strawberry Pancake Poppers
They may be a mouthful to say, but they’re an absolute breeze to make. To make these, you’ll need:
- All purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Nonfat greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
- Milk of choice (I use unsweetened almond milk to keep points low)
- Sugar (can substitute with a sugar substitute)
- Strawberries, chopped
- Chocolate chips (I used Lily’s Dark Chocolate which are 2 SP for 60, but you can use any and adjust points accordingly)
Combine your milk, eggs, vanilla and greek yogurt in one bowl and stir together until uniform. In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder and whisk together. Stir wet ingredients into dry, and mix until you have a well combined batter. Gently fold in the strawberries last.
Prepare a mini muffin tin by spraying well with cooking spray. Divide batter into 24, and top each with chocolate chips. bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool a bit and enjoy!
Variations and storage
To store these, just put them in an airtight container in the fridge. When it comes time to reheat, just pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds and they’re good to go.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to variations as well:
- Swap out strawberries for blueberries for blueberry pancake poppers
- Skip the fruit and make them chocolate chip flavored
- Add crushed oreos, slather on nutella for something really indulgent
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon and cut up apple for apple pie flavor
Etc. Sky is the limit!
Chocolate Strawberry Pancake Poppers
- Mixing Bowls
- Mini Muffin Pan
- 1 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt I like Fage 0%
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 6-8 Strawberries Diced finely, save one for topping
- 6 Chocolate chips on each popper 144 total Lily's Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, greek yogurt, and vanilla and stir until uniform.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir until well combined. Gently fold in diced strawberry pieces (don't over-mix or you'll get pink batter!)
- Prepare mini muffin pan by spraying well with cooking spray. Divide batter into 24, and top with additional strawberry and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then enjoy!