Baked oats have been going viral on TikTok for a few weeks now, and I finally understand why. These are so easy to make and they are SO GOOD. Especially if you don’t love the texture of oatmeal, these are for you. The end result is more like a delicious little cake, and my version is loaded with banana, chocolate, and a molten peanut butter center. Your mornings are about to get a whooole lot tastier with these Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oats.
This recipe is so simple it’s practically foolproof – you’ll just need a few tools to get things going.
- A blender to turn your oats into a flour and then mix everything together
- A spoon for scooping (especially that delicious peanut butter center)
- Oven safe bakeware. I used these cocottes from Le Creuset, which were the perfect size.
- An oven for baking it all
Making Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oats
This has to be in the top 5 easiest recipes on my site. Seriously. All you do it blend things, bake them, and then eat them – it really doesn’t get better! To make these, you’ll need:
- Oats (any work – I used old fashioned)
- Milk of choice (can sub plant milk)
- Banana (the riper the better)
- Baking powder, which will help this fluff up when baking
- A pinch of salt
- Peanut butter (can use any nut butter)
- Chocolate chunks (sub vegan to make this fully vegan)
You’ll want to blend your oats first, so they turn into a fine powder (oat flour). Then, add banana, milk, nut butter, baking powder, and salt and blend it all together until smooth. Spoon batter into your dishes, dotting with chocolate chunks as you go. Reserve about 1/4 cup of batter. Spoon 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter into the center of each ramekin, cover with remaining batter and additional chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, and enjoy warm!
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oats
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana medium, ripe
- 1/3 cup milk or plant milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp peanut butter additional, for inside
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add oats to blender and blend for ~1 minute, until finely ground into a powder. Add banana, milk, 2 tbsp peanut butter, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and blend until smooth.
- Split batter evenly between 2 ramekins, reserving 1/4 cup batter for topping. Dot batter with chocolate chunks, and put 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter in the center of both ramekins. Cover with remaining batter and additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 3-5 minutes and enjoy warm.
4 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oats”
Love this recipe! I tried it the morning it was posted and I’m so glad I did. Tasty, filling, and easy to customize!
So glad you loved these! I’ll be making tons of variations of this for sure!! 🙂
This was so good. I usually don’t like the texture of baked oats but this way its almost like a soft cookie. Very filling too.
So glad you enjoyed these!