I have been on a major smoothie kick lately. I find that in the morning I much prefer something quick and easy, and a smoothie totally fits the bill. I typically mix it up depending on what I have at home, and this past week, it was lemons (and lots of them). As the weather gets warmer, I crave fresh, bright, citrus flavors. Naturally, this Lemon Cream Pie Smoothie was born.
This recipe takes just a few ingredients that you measure, blend, and enjoy! It’s a no-fuss recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or a high protein, delicious snack. It’s made with all natural ingredients and is sure to hit the spot.
Making a Lemon Cream Pie Smoothie
This smoothie is a breeze to make, since you just need to measure out ingredients, blend, and enjoy. To make it, you’ll need:
- Nonfat plain greek yogurt (can sub vanilla flavor)
- Almond milk (I used unsweetened plain, you can substitute any milk)
- Lemon juice (from 2 fresh lemons)
- Lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- Vanilla or lemon extract to amp up the flavor
- Agave nectar (or maple syrup or honey) to sweeten
- Fat free whipped topping and crushed nilla wafers for topping
Combine everything in your blender and top with ice. Blend until you have a smooth consistency. Pour into a tall glass, top with fat free whipped topping, and sprinkle a crushed nilla wafer over the top. Enjoy!
Lemon Cream Pie Smoothie
- Lemon Zester
- 1 cup Almond Milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice from 2 fresh lemons
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract or lemon extract
- 2 tsp Agave Nectar Add more if you like it sweeter
- Ice 4-5 cubes
- 1 tbsp Fat Free Whipped Cream for topping
- 1 Nilla Wafer crushed, for topping
- Combine milk, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and agave in a blender. Top with ice and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed nilla wafer. Enjoy immediately!
Looking for another high protein breakfast drink? Try my Iced Coffee Protein Shake!