Is there any better combo than spicy buffalo with some creamy dressing to cool it down? If you ask me, no. I’m also partial to the combo of buffalo and ranch, but traditional ranch can add lots of fat, calories, and WW points to a meal. So, I sought to create a healthier version of those flavors that I love, so that I could drench everything from chicken nuggets to salads in it. Behold: Healthy Buffalo Ranch Dressing. Whereas an order of ranch from a restaurant can run you upwards of 11 points (EEK!), my version is 0 WW SP on blue and purple plans, 1 SP on green for a hearty ~2 tbsp serving.
Making healthy buffalo ranch dressing
This dressing is a cinch to make, and if you have a shaker/mason jar, it’s even easier. Really just pour, mix, shake, and enjoy. The ingredients for this dressing are:
- Nonfat greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
- White vinegar
- Rice wine vinegar
- Powdered sugar (trust me)
- Frank’s Red Hot (or buffalo sauce of your choice)
- Unsweetened almond milk (plain, or any milk you like)
- Garlic powder, onion powder, dried chives, dried dill, salt, and pepper
When I make this, I combine all of the spices in a little bowl, and then combine the yogurt, vinegars, sugar, hot sauce in a mason jar. Combine the two, add the milk, and shake it up. You can just as easily combine everything in a bowl and whisk it together. If you want a thicker dressing, reduce the milk amount by a few tbsp. If you want to thin it out a bit, add a little more milk. Same goes for spice – if you want it spicier, add more buffalo sauce, etc. I’m all about making things taste exactly how YOU like them!
Once made, just store in the fridge and enjoy for meals to come!
Uses for healthy buffalo ranch
If I’m being honest, I slather this on just about anything. But some of my favorite uses:
- As a salad dressing for a tasty, healthy, buffalo chicken salad. I made these awesome salads with grilled chicken breast, shredded cheese, pickled celery, tomato, cucumber on a bed of romaine. Tasty, simple, delicious.
- As a sauce to dip chicken in. I make these tasty chicken nuggets in the air fryer and dip them in this sauce.
- As a condiment for wraps and sandwiches. This sauce is versatile and delicious on just about anything, but if you go the condiment route, I recommend making it a little on the thicker side so its easier to spread.
Healthy Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup Greek yogurt nonfat
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp franks red hot or buffalo sauce of choice
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Few cracks of pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, dried chives, dried dill, and powdered sugar and stir together
- In another bowl, combine greek yogurt, vinegars, hot sauce, almond milk and stir. Add spice mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Adjust dressing as needed. To thin out more, add more almond milk. To make spicier, add more hot sauce. To make it sweeter, more sugar, etc. Store in the fridge and enjoy!