Every now and again, a recipe test goes so incredibly right, it’s downright magic. This is one of those. These crispy salmon bites are epic. Flaky, tender salmon, fresh veggies, all wrapped up in a soft wrapper that is deliciously crispy. Served with your dipping sauce of choice, these bites are gluten free, vegetarian, WW friendly, and downright awesome.
Making Crispy Salmon Bites
These are a cinch to make, and just require a bit of prep! First, you’ll need to cook your salmon. I prefer to air fry mine – it’s quick and always comes out perfectly juicy. Typically, 390F for 15-18 min (depending on the size/thickness of your fish) will do it. You just want it to reach an internal temp of 145F. You can also pan fry, bake, etc. Once the salmon is cooked, let it cool a bit, and cut it into squares (roughly 2×2 inches).
Next, you’ll cook your vegetables. I used a bagged slaw that already had a mix of cabbage, broccoli, carrot, zucchini etc. It was a 13 oz bag, roughly 4 cups total. Heat up a pan, and cook the slaw mix with fresh garlic, ginger, and some soy sauce (or coconut aminos, which I prefer because it’s a bit sweeter). Cook the vegetables for a few minutes, until tender, then let them cool slightly.
Now, you’re ready to roll! Literally. Soak your rice paper wrappers in water for ~10 seconds to soften, and then place a piece of salmon in the middle. Cover with a heaping tablespoon of vegetables and some fresh cilantro. One side at a time, moving clockwise, wrap the salmon bites into a neat little package.
Cooking Crispy Salmon Bites
You can make these little delights in the air fryer or on the stove top. I’ve tried both ways, and both turned out great.
If opting for stove top, spray the bites with cooking spray and pan fry on medium high heat for about 3 minutes per side. The rice paper will crisp up (I give it a little tap to make sure it’s hardened up).
If you’re using the air fryer, spray both sides of the bites well and air fry at 375 for 8-11 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy.
Enjoy warm! Serve with a side of sweet chili sauce (or soy sauce, hoisin sauce, etc). Store leftovers in the fridge, and reheat on the stovetop or in the air fryer to crisp them up again.
Crispy Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer
- Stove Top
- Large Pan
- Medium pan
- 1.25 lb atlantic salmon
- 12 oz rainbow slaw or 4 cup chopped broccoli, carrot, zucchini, cabbage
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 12 spring roll wrappers 4.7 oz pack
- cooking spray
- Cook salmon using desired method, until internal temp reaches 145F. Cut into roughly 2×2 inch squares and set aside.
- Combine slaw, green onion, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and saute over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Soak spring roll wrappers in water for ~10 sec to soften. Place salmon piece in the middle, cover with ~heaping tbsp of vegetables, and a pinch of fresh chopped cilantro. Moving clockwise, wrap each side so it forms a little square package, and flip so the seam side is down.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and spray well with cooking spray. Pan fry bites for 3 min per side, until crispy. If air frying, spray well with cooking spray and air fry for 8-11 minutes at 375F, until lightly browned and crispy.