If you haven’t made it yet, my bang bang shrimp recipe is so simple and so delicious. It’s something I make on repeat, which got me thinking- how can I switch it up? Then it dawned on me– bang bang salmon bites.
This recipe is super simple but super flavorful. Chunks of flaky salmon are coated in a sweet, spicy, creamy sauce, made WW friendly. This meal comes together super quickly, making it a great option for busy weeknights! I hope you love it as much as we do.
Making Bang Bang Salmon Bites
Making these is super simple and takes about 30 minutes end to end. You’ll mix up your sauce and set it aside, cut and cook your salmon, and then throw it all together.
For the sauce, you’ll need sweet chili sauce, sriracha to add some heat (adjust as you like), and some nonfat Greek yogurt to make it creamy.
For the salmon, cut the skin off and cut it into bite-size chunks. Toss with soy sauce, pepper, garlic, and ginger and mix to coat well. Spray the bites super well with cooking spray and then air fry them at 375F for 7 to 8 minutes, until the salmon is fully cooked. You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature which should read at least 145F.
Once fully cooked, remove the salmon from the air fryer and toss with the sauce to fully cook. Serve over some rice and steamed broccoli for a balanced, filling meal. Garnish with chopped green onion and enjoy!
I also like these cold the next day, so you can totally make them ahead and enjoy the next day over some salad to switch things up! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Bang Bang Salmon Bites
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- 1 filet salmon skinned and cut into chunks (0.75-1 lb)
- 1 Tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tsp garlic
- 1/2 Tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tsp sriracha
- 4 Tsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp scallion chopped
- Combine sweet chili sauce, Sriracha, and Greek yogurt in a small bowl and mix together until smooth. Add more Sriracha if you like it spicier, and set aside.
- Remove skin from your salmon and cut into bite-size pieces. Toss with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pepper, and spray well with cooking spray. Place on air fryer tray (lined or sprayed well so the salmon doesn’t stick) and cook at 375F for 7-8 minutes, until fully cooked (should have an internal temp of 145F +).
- Once cooked, toss salmon in sauce and serve over rice and veggies. Garnish with chopped scallion and enjoy!