One of my controversial food opinions is that I don’t like (raw) carrots. Hilariously, it’s one of my husband’s favorite snacks, but I simply cannot get behind it. However, I LOVE cooked carrots. They get such a delicious roasty sweetness that I absolutely adore. That got me thinking – how can I make something cool with carrots that I would actually enjoy eating? These Carrot Fries with Cilantro Lime Aioli are the answer to my (and your) prayers.
A perfect alternative to traditional potato or sweet potato fries, carrot fries are just as delicious but have the added benefit of being more WW-friendly. They’re slightly sweet and a little smoky, so I paired them with a bright, creamy cilantro lime aioli that is the perfect balance. We’ve been enjoying these on repeat paired with some protein (like my healthier chicken nuggets) for a balanced, delicious meal!
Making carrot fries with cilantro lime aioli
These are super simple to make (and waaay easier to peel/cut than raw sweet potatoes). You’ll start by peeling your carrots and then cutting them into fries – typically I cut them in half, then slice each half lengthwise, and then cut those halves lengthwise again to get a perfect thin fry. You’ll toss them with some oil or cooking spray and then season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Give them a good toss to coat them in seasoning and then spread them out on an air fryer tray/basket. Air fry at 400F for 10-12 minutes, until crispy (depending on your air fryer, you may want to flip them after 8 min or so, and they may take a bit longer).
To make your aioli, you’ll need:
- light mayo (or use regular if not following WW)
- fresh chopped cilantro
- zest and juice from a fresh lime
- fresh garlic, minced
- salt/pepper, to taste
Combine your ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix until uniform. Taste and add salt/pepper as desired. Serve fries with a side of aioli and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Carrot Fries with Cilantro Lime Aioli
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb carrots peeled and cut into fries
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup light Mayo
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Juice of one small lime about 2-3 tsp
- Zest half a lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut carrots into fries (about 2-3 inches long and about 1/4 inch thick). Add to a large mixing bowl, spray with cooking spray, and coat with seasonings. Toss, and spray again as needed to coat. Air fry at 400F for 10 minutes, then flip them over and air fry for another 8-10 minutes, until desired texture is reached.
- Combine all ingredients for the aioli in a small mixing bowl and mix together. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Garnish fries with some extra cilantro, serve with aioli, and enjoy!