There’s nothing quite like a dish that brings together the comforts of a home-cooked meal and the joy of not having to actively cook it. As the weather gets chillier, I love to break out the slow cooker for meals that are hearty, indulgent, and super easy. Throw some ingredients together, let it do its thing, and enjoy a piping hot meal when you’re ready. This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta is an absolute weeknight win.
This dish is super simple to make, making it ideal for busy nights when you don’t feel like actively cooking. It’s creamy, rich, and literally tastes like spinach artichoke dip, but with the added protein of chicken and heartiness of pasta. Even picky eaters are sure to love this one – enjoy!
Making Slow cooker spinach artichoke chicken pasta
Imagine succulent chicken breasts, nestled in a slow cooker with sweet onions and garlic, creating an aromatic foundation for this dish. To help cook the chicken and meld the flavors together, a generous splash of chicken broth completes the ensemble.
After just 2.5 hours on high, you’ll be greeted with tender, flavorful chicken that’s ready to be transformed into a creamy delight. But here’s where the real magic happens. You’ll add a generous bag of vibrant spinach to the mix, allowing it to wilt and mingle with the savory juices. This burst of green not only adds color but also a nutritious twist to the dish. Then add tangy chopped artichokes!
With the chicken now tender and the spinach beautifully incorporated, it’s time for the creamy transformation. Remove the chicken and shred it with ease, creating bite-sized morsels ready to soak up the flavors of our sauce.
The sauce is going to bring the whole dish together. Light cream cheese adds a velvety texture while Parmesan cheese infuses a rich, cheesy goodness. Greek yogurt brings tanginess and a hint of creaminess . A dash of salt and pepper ensures that every spoonful is perfectly balanced.
Now, fold in the cooked pasta of your choice, allowing it to absorb the creamy, savory sauce. I used Banza, which is gluten free and higher in protein than traditional pasta. The result is a comforting pasta dish that’s both indulgent and Weight Watchers-friendly, satisfying both the palate and your wellness goals.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker
- 4 chicken breasts around 1.5 lb
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 cup canned artichokes drained, chopped finely – can add more if you prefer!
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 5 oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Add chicken, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and chicken broth to slow cooker and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Add spinach and artichoke and cook on high for another 2-2.5 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Removed chicken and shred with a fork. Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Add shredded chicken back into slow cooker, add cream cheese, parmesan, greek yogurt, and salt/pepper as desired. Mix well to melt and incorporate ingredients. Add cooked pasta and stir together.
- Serve and top with extra parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings of 1 heaping cup each. Store leftovers in airtight containers in the fridge – enjoy!