Fall is prime time for pumpkin so I’m coming in hot with some mini pumpkin pies. These little guys are mini, so they’re perfect for any sort of mini gathering (@2020, I’m looking at you, ugh). Mini also means they’re great for grab and go. Because pie should be mobile.
This recipe is also completely PALEO! That’s right, no dairy, no refined sugar, no refined carbs in these pumpkin pies. Just straight-up, whole food goodness. The pies are sweetened with a bit of maple syrup, one of my favorite natural sweeteners, and the crust is an absolute cinch to make. Gone are the days of laboring over the perfect crust and still ending up with a dry mess. This almond-flour based crust is super simple, damn-near foolproof, and it’s gluten free!
The easiest crust
Typical pie crusts involve lots of butter and flour and rolling and effort. No thanks. This crust is really as easy as mix, press, and bake. The crust is comprised of:
- Almond flour
- Liquid egg whites
- Maple Syrup
- Melted coconut oil
Add a dash of salt and that’s it! Once you mix it together, you should have a consistency similar to a cookie. Just spray your muffin tin, put a ball of dough in, and then press it so you form a little crust. Once formed, toss the entire pan in the freezer to let the crusts firm up before baking.
The tastiest filling
This filling for these pumpkin pies is really as simple as it gets. It’s made up of pumpkin puree, egg, Nutpods creamer (or coconut milk), almond butter, maple, and some pumpkin spice. I love the addition of Nutpods Pumpkin Spice creamer, since it’s super creamy, Whole30 approved, and adds a great pumpkin spice flavor. If you’ve never tried Nutpods (they’re WW friendly and make such a difference in your coffee), you can check out my code here and get 15% off your order with code foodbythegram.
Also, you can totally just bake the filling into little crustless pies. They’ll work out to be roughly 2 WW SP each and are delicious. Just spray your muffin tin, pour in the filling mixture, and bake until set. I like to bake some crustless pies to enjoy with breakfast.
Garnishing and storing
If I’m just making these for myself, I care less about garnish and more about shoving them in my mouth. If I’m making them to impress others, a little coconut whipped cream goes a long way. It’s a combo of coconut cream, maple syrup, and a little vanilla if you wish. Here’s a great resource for making your own. I then give each pie a dash of pumpkin spice and voila!
These store best in an airtight container in the fridge, and they stay good for up to 5 days (if they’re not all eaten first).
More healthy fall desserts
I’m allll about the Fall baking, so check out some of my other fall-forward/gf recipes:
- Lighter Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Light Maple Walnut Biscotti
- Lighter Pumpkin Chocolate Scones
- Healthy Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Pumpkin Granola (Paleo, Vegan)
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Healthier Apple Cider Donuts
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
Paleo Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Muffin Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp liquid egg white or 1 egg
- 2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp Nutpods pumpkin spice creamer or coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted creamy almond butter
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together almond flour and salt, then add melted coconut oil and maple syrup, mixing until you have the texture of wet sand.
- Add liquid egg whites and mix until you have a soft dough. Separate into 12 balls.
- Spray muffin pan with coconut oil spray and press one dough ball into each muffin tin, forming little crusts. Put entire pan in freezer while you make the filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the filling until completely smooth. Pour the filling into the mini pie crusts.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the centers of the pies are no longer jiggling. Let cool for two hours before serving to let the pies set. Top with coconut whipped topping and a dash of pumpkin spice and enjoy!