On a weeknight, I am all about the one-pot, minimal ingredient, minimal clean up meals. That’s why when Portofino Tuna approached me to create a recipe using their premium canned tuna, I knew a delicious, easy, weeknight dinner was in the cards.
Forget what you think you know about canned tuna – you’re going to want to stock up on these cans of gold ASAP. No more watery, tasteless mystery fish. We’re officially graduating to high quality fish packed in high quality oil, bringing big flavor to any dish. Whether you’re making a sandwich, looking to add protein to a salad, or making a hearty weeknight meal, the flavors of Portofino are sure to shine through and elevate any dish.
What makes Portofino Tuna so good?
Portofino tuna is hand-picked to ensure the highest quality fish possible. It’s seasoned with a bit of sea salt, and packed in extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), which does WONDERS. It makes the fish super tender, almost buttery, and it is packed with so much flavor. Aside from this easy pasta recipe, this tuna wold be perfect in sandwiches, casseroles, and more.
As a bonus, since Portofino is packed in EVOO, you don’t need to use any additional oil to make this recipe. Just use the oil that’s in the can – it’s great quality and already infused with the flavor of the tuna.
What goes into this pasta dish?
What I love about this dish is that it uses just a few simple ingredients to create something light, bright, and delicious. This is a perfect dish for anyone looking to eat more lean protein (and is vegetarian friendly!).
The key components of the lemon caper tuna pasta are:
- Portofino Tuna in EVOO
- Pasta of choice (I recommend linguine or spaghetti)
- Fresh garlic
- Cherry tomatoes
And that’s it! Some salt, pepper, and fresh basil tie it all together and you’ve got a one-pot meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
This dish is also delicious as leftovers the next day, particularly because it can be eaten hot or cold. I love to eat it hot for dinner and then cold for lunch the next day (especially on a hot summer’s day!)
Looking for more dinner inspo?
Check out some of these other tasty Food by the Gram recipes!
- Air Fryer Mojo Chicken
- Summer Gnocchi with Corn, Tomatoes, and Burrata
- Southwest Corn Salad
- Air Fryer Chicken Dumplings
Note: This post was sponsored by Portofino Tuna; however, all opinions expressed are my own.
Lemon Caper Tuna Pasta
- Large Skillet
- Cutting Board
- 1/2 lb linguine cooked (reserve 1/3 cup pasta water)
- 1 can Portofino Tuna in Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest zest of 1 lemon
- juice of one lemon 3 tbsp
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 tbsp capers drained
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 fresh cracked pepper
- Basil for garnish
- Cook linguine according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta water
- Drain the olive oil from the Portofino Tuna can into a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just wilted, and turn off the heat.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, capers, and pasta water. Stir to combine, then add pasta and toss to coat.
- Break up your Portofino tuna and mix it throughout the pasta.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!