These jalapeño popper wontons take all of the creamy, spicy flavors of your favorite bar snack and put it in a neat little package. Crispy outside, creamy, soft inside. Cheesy, spicy, and all around wonderful, these are about to be your new favorite appetizer. At just 1 WW point each, they’re a perfect party snack, game time bite, or appetizer.
What’s in jalapeño popper wontons?
On top being being delicious and better for you, this recipe is also crazy simple. It just takes a handful of ingredients to create these delightful little bites. You’ll need:
- Wonton wraps (I used Nasoya brand, which are 3/ 1 WW SP)
- Light cream cheese
- Fat free mozzarella
- Jalapeño, diced (can use fresh or canned, but fresh will be spicier)
- Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cooking spray to put it all together
That’s it! Like I said – crazy simple.
Making jalapeño popper wontons
Assembly is the trickiest part of this recipe (and it’s really not that difficult, I promise!). First, you’ll mix all of your filling ingredients in a small mixing bowl. You want your mixture to be as uniform as possible, so make sure you dice your jalapeño very small.
Once you have your mixture, lay out a few wonton wrappers and get a small bowl with a few spoonfuls of water in it. You’ll need it to wet your fingers/the edges of the wontons to make them stick together. Put ~1 teaspoon of filling in each wonton wrapper, right in the center. Then, wet your fingers and wet along the edges of the wrapper.
Pinch the diagonal ends together, and then carefully fold up the two remaining ends (as pictured above), and pinch them all together at the center. Make sure there are no gaps anywhere. Place wontons about 1 inch apart on a prepared air fryer baking sheet/tray. I use a tray style air fryer (I have this one and love it), so I just spray the trays and am able to cook multiple batches simultaneously. Spray the tops of your wontons generously with cooking spray before cooking, and then air fry at 375F for 7 minutes, until wontons are golden brown. Serve warm with your choice of dipping sauce (ranch or sweet chili sauce are my preference).
Jalapeño Popper Wontons
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- 20 Wonton wrappers
- 6 tbsp Light cream cheese
- 6 tbsp Fat free mozzarella shredded
- 1 Jalapeño diced finely, about 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- If needed, preheat air fryer to 375 F. Prepare tray/basket with cooking spray.
- Dice jalapeño finely. In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, jalapeño, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and stir until mixture is uniform.
- Put ~1 tsp of the mixture in the center of your wonton wrapper. Wet your fingers and wet all of the edges of the wrapper. Fold diagonal edges together, then fold remaining edges up, pinching them all together in the center. Pinch along the edges to ensure there are no holes for filling to ooze out of.
- Place 1 inch apart on prepared air fryer tray. Spray generously with cooking spray all over, and air fry at 375 F for 7 minutes, until wontons are golden brown. Serve immediately with your choice of sauce.