Food trends come and go, but I think I’m going to keep these Healthy Smash Burger Tacos around for the long haul. They’re simple to make, absolutely delicious, and are a WW friendly alternative to a burger that has all the flavors of one! Super customizable, you can make these with your favorite burger toppings to change up the flavor too. Hope you love them as much as we did!
Making Healthy Smash Burger Tacos
Before making your tacos, quickly whip up your burger sauce. Combine light mayo, greek yogurt, ketchup, relish, confectioners sugar replacement (I use this one), and vinegar and mix together until you have a uniform, pink sauce. Leave in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy.
Despite all the awesome toppings on these tacos, they’re super easy to make. First, you’ll season your meat and slap it right on a tortilla (yes, raw). I used Mission’s zero carb tortillas which are mini size and were perfect for these tacos. Then heat a pan over medium high heat, spray well with cooking spray, and put the tacos meat-side down. Then you want to smash them down (hence the name) with either a burger press or your spatula. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until meat is browned and fully cooked through. Then flip over so that the tortilla can brown a bit.
Meanwhile, add a half slice of cheese onto the meat side that you just flipped, so it can melt quickly. Once tortilla has browned a bit (just a minute or so should do), remove from heat. Finish off with your choice of toppings (I did diced onion, tomato, shredded lettuce, and chopped pickles) and some burger sauce and enjoy!
Healthy Smash Burger Tacos
- Mixing Bowls
- Frying Pan
- 10 mini low carb tortillas
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 slices fat free cheese
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 20 slices pickles
- Salt pepper, garlic powder to season
- 1/4 cup light Mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3.5 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp dill relish
- 1 Tsp confectioners swerve
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Combine all burger sauce ingredients and mix until uniform. Let sit in the fridge until you're ready to use.
- Divide meat evenly among tortillas (about 2 heaping tbsp each) and press onto tortillas so it sticks. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat, spray well with cooking spray, and place tortillas meat-side down, and then place a burger weight (or press with a spatula) for about a minute, to prevent meat from shrinking. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until meat is completely browned and cooked through. Flip, add half a cheese slice, and cook for another minute or so, until tortilla is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat, and garnish with 2 pickle slices, some diced onion and tomato, a big dollop of burger sauce, and some lettuce. Fold like a taco and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge and reheat by pan frying for 2-3 min until warmed through.