This recipe is super versatile and can be turned into pumpkin cake, bars, muffins, etc. It’s lightly sweet, got great pumpkin flavor, and it’s completely gluten-free.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mixing Bowls
- Stand Mixer
- Cake Pans
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice [ or use 1/2 tsp ground ginger + 1/4 tsp nutmeg + 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 tsp cloves]
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine pumpkin, almond butter, eggs (beaten), honey, vanilla, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and stir together until smooth batter forms.
- Pour into greased cake pans and bake for ~30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
- While cake cools, combine frosting ingredients and mix in a stand mixer at medium speed until fully combined and frosting is fluffy. Put in fridge before icing cake.
- Frost top of one layer, stacking second layer on top. Frost entire outside and top with chopped nuts if desired. Serve and enjoy!