Fudge is one of my absolute favorite desserts. On one hand, it brings me back to the nostalgia of walking the boardwalk as a kid, getting fudge samples from all of the shops (no shame) and inevitably buying like a pound of it because I had no concept of weight.
On the other hand, I think fudge is a year-round delight. It’s so easy to make and gets bonus points for being quick and super versatile. Summer? S’mores fudge. Spring? Fruity white chocolate fudge with raspberries. Fall? Caramel, Pumpkin, maple, you name it. And come winter, it’s peppermints time to shine. I am a year-round fudge fan, and once you see how easy it is to make, you will be too.
The 2 main ingredients
To make a super easy, perfectly textured fudge, you only need two ingredients. Yes, two, and there’s not even any cooking involved. There are totally ways to make fudge from scratch the old fashioned way, but when you’re pressed for time and need to bring a dessert to a party you’re later for (or just reaaaally have a craving), you’ll be happy you just need two things.
Chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. The condensed milk is the real key here – it gives the fudge a perfectly smooth, slightly chewy texture, and since it’s canned, it has a super long shelf life and it’s something you can keep on hand.
Dressing it up
The best thing about 2 ingredient fudge is that the sky is the limit when it comes to mix-ins. In this case, I was looking for a sweet and salty combo with a bunch of textures, so I came up with the combination of s’mores and pretzel. The mix in’s are mini marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, and crushed pretzels, and the bars are topped with extra marshmallows, pretzels, and a healthy dose of flaked sea salt. It’s the perfect combination of sweet, salty, chewy, and crunchy.
If s’mores and pretzel isn’t your jam, here are a few other ideas that work well with a regular milk chocolate base:
- Crushed peanuts and sea salt
- Chopped walnuts or pecans
- Chopped caramels
- Crushed pretzels and caramels
- Dried cranberries and pistachios
- Any other dried fruits, nuts, seeds etc.
Easy Pretzel S’mores Fudge
- 8×8 Pan
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- 1 12 oz bag chocolate chips milk chocolate or semi sweet
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 5 graham cracker sheets crushed roughly
- 15 small pretzels crushed
- Additional marshmallows pretzels, and flaked sea salt for topping
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper
- Combine chocolate and condensed milk in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time to combine mixture. You want a smooth, silky texture without any chunks.
- Let cool for a few seconds, then stir in graham cracker pieces, mini marshmallows, and crushed pretzels
- Pour into lined pan and top with additional pretzels, marshmallows, and salt while the mixture is still wet
- Pop it in the fridge for 2-3 hours, until firm
- Cut and store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days!