As a kid, two of my favorite treats were cosmic brownies and rice krispies. Naturally, as an adult, I had to find a way to put those two together. Thus, these cosmic crispy bars were born.
These bars have a fudgy, crispy base, topped with a thick fudge layer (and lots of sprinkles). They’re totally gluten free, made with all natural ingredients, and they are DELISH.
Making Cosmic Crispy Bars
Know what makes these so great? No baking required! Just mix, press, top, and let set. Then slice and enjoy! It’s a great recipe to whip up in a pinch – prep in the morning and have it ready by lunch time! It’s a total crowd pleaser too – I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate?! To make these, you’ll need:
- Puffed rice (or crisp rice – I used puffed which is bigger pieces)
- Chocolate chips, any kind you like
- Cashew butter, or any nut butter will work
- Maple syrup to sweeten a bit more (can reduce or omit)
- Coconut oil
- Sprinkles, duh!
First, you’ll melt together chocolate and nut butter and coconut oil. Stir until smooth. Add maple syrup, and then stir in puffed rice. Toss to ensure it’s well mixed and all of the puffed rice is coated. You’ll press the mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan, and then melt together more chocolate + coconut oil and stir together. Pour Over top of the puffed rice mixture and smooth out. Top with sprinkles and toss it in the fridge to set. Once solidified, slice and enjoy!
Cosmic Crispy Bars
- Mixing Bowls
- Loaf pan
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or any nut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make your base, in a microwave safe bowl, melt together chocolate chips, cashew butter, and coconut oil and stir together until smooth. Add maple syrup and stir. Stir in puffed rice and toss to fully coat. Press into loaf pan and set aside.
- Melt together remaining chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir until smooth. Pour over base and top with sprinkles.
- Put in fridge to chill for 2 hours or until solidified. Cut into 8 and enjoy!