Ever since I realized I could turn one of my favorite breakfast foods (pancakes) into a portable, poppable snack, I’m all about coming up with delicious new flavor combinations for these pancake poppers. With Fall upon us, I knew I wanted to make a seasonal version. I already have a pretty delicious pumpkin pancake recipe, so apple cinnamon was next on my list. These little bites of heaven are soft and fluffy, full of fresh apple and sweet notes of cinnamon, and are WW friendly – 2 poppers for 1 point! I like to pair them with some eggs for a protein-packed, filling, well-rounded breakfast. I also keep these handy as a little snack when I want something tasty yet substantial. No matter how you pop them, I’m sure you’re going to love them.
Making Apple Cinnamon Pancake Poppers
As with all of my pancake popper recipes, these are quick and easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients, mix, bake, and store. You can easily reheat them throughout the week to enjoy by themselves or as a meal. These poppers consist of:
- Nonfat greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
- All purpose flour, baking powder, salt (or you can substitute 1 cup self rising flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- Vanilla extract and cinnamon for flavor
- Eggs to hold them together
- Almond milk to make them fluffy (can substitute any milk – dairy or non dairy)
- A hint of sugar (you can substitute a sugar substitute such as Swerve, Truvia, etc)
- Fresh apples, cut into little cubes (I prefer granny smith since they hold their texture well)
You’ll combine your dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another. This ensures you have a smooth batter once you mix wet and dry together. Lastly, you’ll fold in the the apple chunks. Mix them in gently, so they’re coated in batter, but don’t over-mix or you’ll have a dense final result! Fill your prepared, lined mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Store any leftovers in the fridge and enjoy within 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for 20 seconds!
Apple Cinnamon Pancake Poppers
- Mixing Bowls
- Mini Muffin Pan
- 1 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt I like Fage 0%
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Apple granny smith, chopped finely (about 1.5 small apples)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract and stir until uniform.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and stir until well combined. Gently fold in apple chunks, being careful not to over-mix.
- Prepare mini muffin pan by spraying well with cooking spray. Divide batter into 32.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then enjoy!
- 2 for 1 SP
- 4 for 2 SP
- 6 for 3 SP
- 1 for 1 SP
- 3 for 2 SP
- 4 for 3 SP