I typically love any kind of fruit crisp this time of year. The warm, gooey fruit + sweet crunchy topping is such a great combo that just screams fall. However, making fruit crisp can be time consuming, usually requires a bunch of dishes, and often makes many servings. While I’m all for a big fruit crisp when having guests over, sometimes I just want a single serving. So I got to experimenting- I wondered, could I make a simple fruit crisp that’s quick, easy, and small batch? If you love warm fall flavors and don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, this air fryer pear crisp is for you!
Making this pear crisp is so simple. Just cut up your fruit, mix it with some sweetener and apple pie spice and a little bit of cornstarch to thicken it, then mix up your topping, put the two together and pop them in the air fryer. Yep, that’s right, no oven required. These little pear crisps also take about 10 minutes to bake, whereas a typical fruit crisp is probably baking for at least 30 to 45 minutes. These are perfect to throw together when you want a sweet treat after dinner but don’t feel like spending a lot of time.
Making air fryer pear crisp
Making these pear crisps is a breeze. I use these cocottes from Le Creuset to air fry these, and I like that they have lids so if I make an extra I can just store it in the fridge and reheat right in the same container the next day!
To make these, you’ll need
- Ripe pears, or you can substitute apples if you prefer
- Corn starch which will thicken the fruit mixture to make it more like a pie filling
- Apple pie spice, or use your preferred combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
- A dash of vanilla for flavor
- Maple syrup or honey to sweeten the fruit a bit
- Flour and oats as the base of the topping
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar or your preferred brown sugar substitute (I like Swerve)
First, cut up your fruit into little chunks, toss with cornstarch, maple, and vanilla. Grease your ramekins and divide the fruit between both. Then, in a small mixing bowl, mixed together flour, oats, and brown sugar. Melt your butter and mix it in until you have a uniform mixture. Divide the mixture and half and top each fruit crisp with it and pat it down so it’s even. Pop them in the air fryer at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the fruit should be bubbling. Let cool for a few minutes, top with some ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge, reheat by popping in the air fryer at 350 for 4 to 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Pear Crisp
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 Oven Safe Ramekins
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 2 ripe pears
- 1/2 Tsp corn starch
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp apple pie spice
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- Peel and chop 2 pears into bite sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, toss pears with corn starch, vanilla, apple pie spice, and maple syrup. Mix and split evenly between two greased oven-safe ramekins.
- In another mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar. Melt butter and mix in, stirring it all together to form a uniform, thick mixture. Divide in two and top the pear mixture, patting it down a bit.
- Air fry at 350 for 8-10 min, until tops are golden. Let sit for 5 min to cool. Enjoy!