Maybe it’s the weather warming up (finally), but I have had a real hankering for some strawberries and cream action. But, as always, I wanted something healthier. So I got to testing. Many revisions and lots of strawberries later – these strawberry cheesecake bites were born. They check all the boxes too – they’re sweet, creamy, tart, fruity, a little salty, and all around decadent.
Making Strawberry cheesecake bites
These bites are a simple, no-bake recipe that you can totally whip up a few hours before company comes over, while your dinner cooks, etc. To make these, you’ll need:
- Strawberries that have been washed and had their stems cut off. You’ll also cut them in half and cut out a little of the inside to creat two little pockets for the cheesecake filling.
- Gelatin, which is what is going to help your cheesecake filling have some structure to it.
- Low fat cream cheese, for the filling.
- Powdered sugar, to sweeten the filling.
- Vanilla extract, for flavoring the filling.
- Dark chocolate, for dipping and holding them together (I use Lily’s to make it WW friendly).
- Flaked sea salt, to top the chocolate and give it a salty kick.
To assemble these, you’ll start with preparing your strawberries. Clean them, remove the stems, cut them in half, and hollow them out just a little so that they can hold more filling. Next, combine your gelatin and water, microwave it for 15 seconds, and stir until dissolved. Set aside so that it can cool.
Meanwhile, mix your cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Once well combined, drizzle the cooled gelatin over top and mix until well incorporated. Put your finished mixture in the fridge for an hour to thicken. Stuff each strawberry with roughly 1/2 tbsp of cheesecake mixture, dip the bottom edge in roughly 1/2 tsp melted chocolate, and top with flaked salt. Let them solidify in the fridge for another 1-2 hours, and then enjoy! I’ve also made these frozen on a hot day and they’re delightful.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Mixing Bowls
- 12 strawberries
- 1/3 cup low fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips 175 chips
- 1 tbsp flaked sea salt
- Wash strawberries, cut off stems, and cut strawberries in half. Hollow them out slightly and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe cup, combine water and gelatin. Microwave for 15 seconds until the gelatin has dissolved. Stir and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until well incorporated. Drizzle cooled gelatin over the mixture and stir together until uniform. Put in the fridge for an hour to chill and solidify.
- Melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Fill each strawberry with 1/2 tbsp of cheesecake mixture, and dip the end in melted chocolate and set on parchment lined plate or baking sheet. Top chocolate with flaked sea salt. Allow to set in the fridge for an additional 1-2 hours and enjoy!