Move over corn, there’s a new veggie just begging to be Elote’d. If you’re unfamiliar with Elote, its a delicious dish of cooked sweet corn slathered in a spicy mixture of mayonnaise, crema, chili powder and sprinkled with cheese. However, ever since Trader Joe’s launched their Everything but the Elote seasoning, I’ve been on a mission to Elote everything.
This recipe is super quick and simple, diet friendly, and makes a killer side dish or snack!
Air Fryer Elote Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer
- 1 Zucchini Sliced into thin chips
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Everything But the Elote Seasoning* *If you can't find it at Trader Joe's, you can make a variation of it using the below recipe
- 1 tbsp Cotija Cheese
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chipotle Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Cut zucchini into thin chip and put in a mixing bowl
- Add oil to zucchini, toss to coat slices in oil
- Add Everything but the Elote seasoning, toss until zucchini are evenly coated in seasoning
- Lay on an air fryer sheet so that no zucchini pieces are overlapping (may need multiple trays if you have an oven-type air fryer)
- Air fry at 390F for 12-14 minutes, until zucchini are crisp to your liking (these are delicious as soft or crunchy zucchini chips, so it’s totally a matter of preference)
- Sprinkle with Cotija cheese and enjoy!