When COVID first hit, the nation unanimously started baking banana bread. I was no exception. But, I wanted to create a version that I could feel better about (since I was eating a LOT of it), so this healthier banana bread was born. Using no milk, oil, or refined sugar, this is a great option if you’re looking for a lighter take on a classic.
Healthier Banana Bread
- Loaf pan
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease or parchment-line a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce, maple, eggs, and mashed banana.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until moistened and uniform.
- Pour batter into pan, top with chocolate chips, sliced bananas, nuts, etc and bake at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes or so, then remove (can throw it on a wire rack) to cool before cutting and serving. Enjoy!!!