The holidays are stressful enough, so your menu shouldn’t be. This time of year, I’m all about quick, easy, and tasty (and great for a crowd). This simple appetizer hits all of those marks (and it gets bonus points for being reaaaally tasty). This Baked Brie with Apricot and Pistachios takes 4 ingredients, minimal prep/cook time, and it’s always a hit. It’s creamy, salty, sweet, has great texture, and can be served with whatever you like (bread, chips, veggies, etc). It’s an easy, versatile app that’s sure to be one less headache this holiday season.
Making Baked Brie with Apricot and Pistachios
This recipe just takes 4 ingredients + whatever you want to dip in it. I make mine in a mini cast iron skillet which is great because you can cook and serve in it. You can use any oven safe baking dish! To make this, you’ll need:
- A small wheel of brie cheese (8 oz)
- Apricot jam (you can use any jam you like, but I love the way apricot compliments the other flavors in this)
- Pistachios, shelled (again – any nuts work – walnuts or pecans would be great here too)
- Fresh chopped rosemary and/or thyme – gives a great savory, herby element to finish!
You’ll preheat your oven to 350, score the top of your cheese (as above), and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is soft and melted. In a small bowl, mix your herbs, jam, and pistachios. Top the cheese while its still warm, and pop back in the oven for 2-3 minutes to warm the jam through and get everything nice and melty. Serve warm with your favorite dipping things! I used Bagel Chips which held up great and allowed for maximum cheese scooping. You can also use fruits/veggies, cut baguette, chips, etc. Enjoy!
Baked Brie with Apricot and Pistachio
- Oven safe bakeware
- 8 oz Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup apricot jam or any jam you like
- 3 tbsp pistachios shelled
- 1/2 tsp rosemary or thyme, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove cheese from all wrapping and place in oven safe bakeware or mini cast iron skillet. Score the top of the Brie with a knife. Bake for 15-20 minutes until melted and soft.
- In small bowl, combine jam, pistachios, and chopped herbs. Remove brie, cover in jam mixture, and put back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, to heat everything through. Serve warm with your choice of sides!