Asian Style BBQ Pork Tacos
Looking for a super easy weeknight dinner that you can throw together in the slow cooker and enjoy for days to come? This pork is bursting with flavor – it’s sweet, spicy, smoky and makes for amazing tacos. You could also serve it over rice or veggies for a tasty bowl and lower-carb option!
- Mixing Bowls
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lb boneless pork roast
- Tortillas of choice I used whole wheat
- 1/2 cup thick bbq sauce of choice I used True Made Foods lower sugar bbq sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp chili paste or sriracha
- 2 tbsp ginger I love The Ginger People minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 cucumber cut thin
- Sesame seeds
- Cabbage or slaw shredded (can toss with a little apple cider vinegar for extra kick)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine sauce ingredients and adjust spice level to your preference
- (Optional) reserve 2 tbsp sauce for topping tacos
- Put pork roast in slow cooker, cover in sauce, cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours. Should be tender. If there’s not enough liquid, add some chicken broth or@water (about 1/2 cup). 4. Shred carrots and cut cucumber, put in jar of choice (I use a Ball Canning jar), pour rice vinegar, water, and sesame oil in, and shake to distribute. Let sit in fridge while meat cooks so the veggies can pickle.
- Once meat is done, cut into strips (roughly 2 inches long) or shred with a fork, put in tortilla and top with shredded cabbage and pickled veggies + scallion and sesame seeds. Garnish with extra sauce and a squeeze of lime and enjoy!
Calories: 336kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 29gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 974mgPotassium: 638mgFiber: 2gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 2615IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Add your thoughts below in the comments or post on social media and tag @foodbythegram!