Glazed carrots are one of those dishes that I associate with the holidays. I feel like they’re always present on the Thanksgiving table or a Christmas dinner, and frankly, they never get eaten. If I’m being honest with you, I don’t love glazed carrots- at least not the traditional ones that are covered in sugar. I’ll always reach for the mashed potatoes or something else instead. Until I made these. These air fryer glazed carrots are not only healthier, but they are so tasty. They’re sweet and spicy, with a topping of creamy goat cheese and crunchy toasted pecans. All together, it makes for an appetizer or side dish that I promise people will be reaching for.
Making Air Fryer Glazed Carrots
First things first, this recipe starts with roasted (in this case, air fried) carrots. You can use regular or baby carrots depending on what’s available – just peel them, toss them with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Then, air fry at 400F for 20-25 minutes, until the carrots are tender and can easily be cut through with a fork.
If you don’t have an air fryer, just roast them in the oven at 400 F for 20-30 minutes, until tender.
Meanwhile, mix up your glaze, which is comprised of 2 tbsp honey + 1 tbsp hot sauce and 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. It’s a perfect blend of sweet and spicy and takes these air fryer glazed carrots over the top. If you don’t like spice, start with 1 tsp of hot sauce and adjust from there.
Once your carrots are roasted, remove from air fryer and toss them with the hot honey mixture. Finish with crumbled goat cheese and toasted pecans and serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. When storing, leave the cheese and nuts off so you can reheat the carrots and add fresh toppings. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Glazed Carrots
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 lb carrots Peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp hot sauce less if you don't like spice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp goat cheese crumbled
- 3 tbsp pecans pieces, toasted
- Peel carrots and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Air fry at 400F for 20-25 minutes, until tender and you can cut through them with a fork.
- Combine hot honey ingredients, adjusting amount of hot sauce to your personal spice preference. Once carrots are cooked, drizzle with hot honey.
- Top with goat cheese and toasted pecan pieces and serve immediately.