Ever start craving Chik-fil-A on a Sunday, only to realize your fix is nowhere in sight? Have no fear – you can make nuggets that are just as tasty in your air fryer! I made these in my @gowiseusa air fryer (I have the Mojave and love it).
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup pickle juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- Bread crumb mixture (I did panko and seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika – but you can use regular breadcrumbs too. To get the real Chick-fil-A flavor, add 2 tbsp of powdered sugar into your panko mixture)
- Cut up chicken breast, marinate in pickle juice (3/4 cup for 30 min in fridge)
- Meanwhile, beat egg with hot sauce and milk
- Dunk chicken pieces in egg mixture and coat in bread crumb mixture and lay on an air fryer sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray, and give the chicken a little spritz of cooking spray before air frying
- Air fry in a single layer (don’t over-crowd!) for ~9 min at 375
- For the pictured side dish, I just tossed brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper and air fried it until crispy, then topped with my fave @the_ginger_people ginger teriyaki sauce. Enjoy!