These buffalo chicken meatballs are something I make pretty regularly. Football game? Make them mini, pop a toothpick in each one, and you’ve got the perfect crowd-pleasing party appetizer. Family stopping by? Whop up a batch of these sure-to-delight meatballs and serve with some root veggies for a satisfying meal. Kids picky eaters? Grate some veggies into the meatballs and they’ll never know they’re eating healthy.
As you can see – this recipe is super versatile and essentially foolproof. You basically just mix up the ingredients (which you can totally swap and substitute as needed), roll them into balls, and air fry. In a matter of 25 minutes, you’ve got something seriously delicious in front of you.
And, as always, this recipe was inspired by me wanting something not-so-great for me (buffalo chicken dip), so I set out to create a healthier, WW-friendly version. These meatballs come in at a whopping 0 points each. Yep – that’s right – zero. You can have 4 for 1 WW SP, not including the extra blue cheese dressing on top.
Making the meatballs
Like I said – these are really a mix, form, and fry kind of recipe (my favorite kind because I am l a z y). However, one of the best things about this recipe is that you can modify it a number of ways and the end result is still delicious.
If you’re looking to sneak in some veggies, grate 1 carrot and 1/4 a zucchini into these. It’ll make them super moist, and you’ll never know they’re healthy.
If you’re looking to make them really spicy, add red pepper flakes into the meatballs. You can also modify the hot sauce you use to something spicier. For classic buffalo chicken flavor, I use Frank’s Red Hot. You can use Tabasco, Cholula, store brand – literally anything works and is going to be delicious. Just be mindful of your spice tolerance.
If you’re looking to make them really mild, melt a little butter in with the hot sauce, which will offset the spice level. More blue cheese will help as well.
More air-fried goodness
Looking to break in that shiny new air fryer? Try some of my other air fried recipes:
- Air Fryer Mojo Chicken
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles with Tangy Dipping Sauce
- Air Fryer Chicken Dumplings
- Air Fryer Elote Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Chik-fil-A Copycat Nuggets
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp hot sauce plus 1/4 cup for tossing meatballs
- 1 tbsp blue cheese dressing plus 2 tbsp for dressing meatballs
- Cut celery optional
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until you have a uniform mixture. Form into 12 meatballs (roughly 1.5 tbsp each).
- Spray air fryer tray/basket and arrange meatballs each 1/2 inch apart.
- Spray tops of meatballs with cooking spray.
- Toss in additional 1/4 cup hot sauce and drizzle with additional 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing.
- Serve with cut celery and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.