Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup
One of my go-to dishes when I go out to brunch is ricotta pancakes. They’re light and fluffy, filling, and usually paired with a tasty topping. My version uses light ricotta and features a quick, homemade, better-for-you blackberry syrup, so you can enjoy a big stack at home and make it fit your lifestyle.
- Small Saucepan
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk I used 2%
- 1/2 cup ricotta I used low fat
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon zest
- Oil spray for cooking
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil for ~2 min. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and whisk together in one bowl. Create a well in the center. (Note: if you have a sifter, sift the dry ingredients into the wet ones instead of the well method!)
- In another bowl, combine ricotta, milk, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and fold together until batter is smooth. Little lumps from ricotta are ok!
- Heat up a pan to medium heat. Spray with oil, and pour roughly 1/4 cup of batter for big pancakes. Once you see bubbles, flip!
- Top your stack with blackberry syrup and enjoy!
Calories: 201kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 7gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 347mgPotassium: 161mgFiber: 3gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 254IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 175mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Add your thoughts below in the comments or post on social media and tag @foodbythegram!
1 thought on “Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup”
Lovely pancakes. Thanks for sharing your recipe. This one is a keeper.