Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup
- Small Saucepan
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk I used 2%
- 1/2 cup ricotta I used low fat
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon zest
- Oil spray for cooking
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil for ~2 min. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and whisk together in one bowl. Create a well in the center. (Note: if you have a sifter, sift the dry ingredients into the wet ones instead of the well method!)
- In another bowl, combine ricotta, milk, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and fold together until batter is smooth. Little lumps from ricotta are ok!
- Heat up a pan to medium heat. Spray with oil, and pour roughly 1/4 cup of batter for big pancakes. Once you see bubbles, flip!
- Top your stack with blackberry syrup and enjoy!