I was craving something light, bright, and fruity for breakfast so I adapted this lemon ricotta pancake recipe from @kyleecooks and it was delicious! My version uses low-fat ricotta cheese and features a quick, homemade, better-for-you blackberry syrup.
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 cup ricotta (I used low fat)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon zest
- Oil spray for cooking
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
1. Combine syrup ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil for ~2 min. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and whisk together in one bowl. Create a well in the center. (Note: if you have a sifter, sift the dry ingredients into the wet ones instead of the well method!)
3. In another bowl, combine ricotta, milk, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and combine thoroughly.
4. Pour wet into dry ingredients and fold together until batter is smooth. Little lumps from ricotta are ok!
5. Heat up a pan to medium heat. Spray with oil, and pour roughly 1/4 cup of batter for big pancakes. Once you see bubbles, flip!
6. Top your stack with blackberry syrup and enjoy!