I love a creamy pasta, whether it be mac & cheese or Fettuccine Alfredo. However, making those can often be a very time-consuming and labor-intensive process. A lot of creamy sauces start with a roux, and they often involve lots of cheese, heavy cream, etc. making them not WW friendly. This Creamy Boursin Pasta is a game changer.
You just need a few key ingredients to create this creamy, cheesy, garlic-y pasta that you’re definitely going to want to get seconds of. It’s super easy to make, and makes for a great side dish or main event for date night! I served this with some pesto chicken and vegetables on the side, and it made for a fabulous meal. Hope you enjoy!
Making Creamy Boursin Pasta
This pasta is super quick and easy to make, and even though it tastes amazing I promise it isn’t nearly as involved as other pasta sauces.
First, you’ll cook your pasta of choice according to the package instructions. I used a lower calorie pasta to make this WW friendly, but you could use your favorite pasta, including gluten-free options!
Once the pasta is cooked, reserve some of the pasta water (at least 1/2 cup, ideally more) because you’re going to use it to make your sauce creamy. Drain the rest of the water from the pasta but leave the pasta in the pot, return the pot to the burner on the lowest heat setting, and then add your cream cheese and Boursin cheese (Alouette is another good substitute) into the pot and mix to allow it to melt.
Once the cheeses are melted, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder according to your taste preference and then add the pasta water a few spoonfuls at a time and mix to thin out your sauce and get everything nice and creamy. The pasta water is the secret to making your sauce thin without making it watery since the pasta water contains starch from the pasta. Then just garnish with a little parsley to make it fancy and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Creamy Boursin Pasta
- Pasta Pot
- 6 tbsp Boursin Cheese or similar
- 1 tbsp light cream cheese block type
- garlic powder
- 2/3 cup pasta water reserved from cooking pasta
- 8 oz dry pasta of choice use low carb pasta if following WW
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain pasta, reserving some pasta water.
- Add the pasta back into the pot, turn the heat to the lowest setting, and add the cream cheese and Boursin into the pot and mix as it melts.
- Add pasta water a little bit at a time to thin sauce. Once you have your desired sauce, consistency, serve immediately.