Lately, I’ve been getting the BEST tomatoes. They’ve been juicy and sweet, which means I had to whip up something tasty with them. This Bruschetta Chicken is about to become your new favorite weeknight meal. It’s easy to make and tastes like something you’d get at a fancy restaurant. It’s also healthy, high in protein, and fits a low carb lifestyle well. Pair it with your favorite sides (I opted for some veggies and some orzo) and enjoy!
Making Bruschetta Chicken
This chicken is perfect for weeknights because it doesn’t take long to make, and you can pre-make your bruschetta and have it sit in the fridge for a day prior if you wish. I always make double the bruschetta and enjoy it as a snack on its own – add some cheese or just enjoy it over bread! To make the bruschetta, you’ll need:
- Tomatoes, I used Roma tomatoes
- Fresh garlic (makes a huge difference)
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Chop your tomatoes finely, press garlic, and chop basil. Stir together with salt, pepper, parmesan, oil, and vinegar and set aside.
For the rest of the dish, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts (about 1.5 lb)
- Fresh mozzarella cheese (you can skip it if you want to keep this dairy free)
- Balsamic glaze
You’ll cook your chicken however you like (I would suggest pan frying or air frying until you reach an internal temp of 160F), then top it with bruschetta and then fresh mozzarella. Broil in the oven for ~5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Top with additional fresh bruschetta and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Voila! The blend of melty cheese, warm bruschetta + cold bruschetta, and balsamic is TO DIE FOR – thank me later!
- Air Fryer
- Cast Iron Pan
- 3 cups Roma tomato about 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp balsamic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp Parmesan grated
- 3 chicken breasts around 1-1.5 lb
- 9 slices fresh mozzarella drained
- Balsamic glaze for finishing
- Chop tomatoes, basil, and press garlic. Combine in a large mixing bowl with olive oil, balsamic, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Put in fridge.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cook using your preferred method (I like to air fry at 375 F for about 15 min), until the internal temp is around 160F.
- Put chicken breasts in an oven safe pan or cast iron, top with ~2 tbsp bruschetta each (reserving some for additional finishing). Top each piece with ~3 slices fresh mozzarella, which should be patted dry to remove any moisture. Broil at 400F for ~5-7 minutes, until the cheese melts and chicken reaches 165F internal temp.
- Top with additional bruschetta and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Enjoy!