When you’re craving the comforting warmth of a big bowl of chicken noodle soup, skip the canned stuff and whip up your own with a few fresh ingredients!
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped/diced
- 4 stalked celery, chopped small
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed/cut up tiny
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup dry pasta
- Shredded, cooked chicken (roughly 1 cup)
- Seasoning (1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt, pepper to taste)
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat, saute chopped carrot, celery, onion, and garlic until softened slightly.
- Pour in 4 cups of chicken stock, 4 cups water, and bring to a boil
- Add in chicken and uncooked pasta, let boil for ~8 minutes. Check that pasta is cooked, and then turn off heat.
- Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve warm, enjoy!