I hear it from my gardening friends constantly – they go from “hey my first zucchini came in!” to “oh no, I have 12 zucchini.” Growing up, I had a friend who would show up to my place with 3-4 zucchini each time I saw her, just desperate to get rid of some before they went bad. If you find yourself in a similar predicament (or if you just love summer squash like me), then these Zucchini Feta Loaves are for you.
These are a great high-protein, veggie-packed option that’s low carb, tasty, and easily made keto or gluten free. It takes just a few ingredients that you likely already have (and of course, a bunch of zucchini). The end result is light and fluffy – almost like a little souffle or a mini frittata. They’re herby, flavorful, and perfect as a complement to a meal or as a snack on their own. Enjoy!
Making Zucchini Feta Loaves
These are a breeze to make, with the most time-consuming part being shredding your zucchini and pressing out the extra water. After that, it’s just mix, pour, bake, and enjoy. You’ll need:
– Zucchini, shredded and water pressed out (I squeeze the shreds through a cheesecloth).
– Fat free feta cheese (can sub regular feta)
– All purpose flour (can sub almond flour if keto/GF)
– Baking powder
– Green onion, chopped
– Dried dill weed
– Nonfat Greek yogurt (can sub full fat)
– Garlic, pressed
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375F. You’ll put your shredded, pressed zucchini in a bowl and add your yogurt, eggs, and herbs and mix well. Then, add your seasonings, baking powder, and flour and mix. Pour into well-greased mini loaf pans (or you can use a baking dish, muffin tin, etc – just adjust baking time). Bake for 40-45 minutes, until lightly golden brown and solid. Let cool for at least 10 min before enjoying (though, personally- I think these are delicious cold, so I like to cool them completely). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Mini Zucchini Feta Loaves
- Mixing Bowls
- Mini Loaf Pan or 9×13 dish or muffin tin
- 4 zucchini shredded and water pressed out (I squeeze the shreds through a cheesecloth).
- 1 cup fat free feta cheese can sub regular feta
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour can sub almond flour if keto/GF
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt can sub full fat
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- zest 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add shredded, pressed zucchini into a bowl with yogurt, eggs, and herbs and mix well. Then, add your lemon zest, seasonings, baking powder, and flour and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into well-greased mini loaf pans (or you can use a baking dish, muffin tin, etc – just adjust baking time). Bake for 40-45 minutes, until lightly golden brown and solid.
- Let cool for at least 10 min before enjoying. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Good cold as well!