Was there anything better than opening your school lunch to find a PB&J sandwich in it? For me, there really wasn’t. To this day, PB&J is one of my favorite combos that I really never get tired of. I turned those childhood flavors into these pb & j bars, which are like a grown-up take on a kid’s classic.
Healthy PB & J Bars
- Mixing Bowls
- 9×5 Pan
- 1 1/2 cup Almond flour blanched, fine
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 6 oz packages raspberries cleaned drained and patted down w towel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pb
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Make your jam. Combine raspberry (or fruit of choice) layer ingredients, cook on medium high heat until it boils. Mash raspberries with potato masher or fork, then reduce to simmer and simmer for 20 min, until mixture has thickened and reduced. Put in fridge to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make shortbread layer. Sift your almond flour and coconut flour together. Melt coconut oil and combine all Ingredients until mixture is uniform. Press into bottom of a parchment-lined loaf pan and bake at 350 for 12 min.
- Make peanut butter layer. Combine peanut butter, almond flour, baking powder, maple and stir until fully combined. Mixture should be relatively dry.
- Remove shortbread layer from oven, spread even layer of raspberry jam on top.
- Crumble peanut butter cookie layer over raspberry layer, bake for an additional 12-14 min
- Let cool completely before cutting and enjoy!