This Creamy Corn & Cucumber Salad was inspired by my grocery order accidentally having way too much corn in it. Sometimes, these things turn out to be happy accidents. In this case, it was happy indeed!
Living in the city, getting groceries can be cumbersome, so we typically opt to have them delivered. On this fateful day, I ordered 2 ears of corn (to recipe test my summer squash and corn pizza), and for whatever reason, I was given 8 ears. Yep, 8. So I had to get creative and figure out what to do with all that corn, while still keeping things delicious and WW friendly. That’s how this Creamy Corn & Cucumber Salad came to be, and I hope you love it as much as I do!
It’s tangy, a little sweet from the corn, but crunchy and refreshing from the cucumbers. It would make a perfect side dish for summer BBQs or a great side dish to a weeknight dinner. I like to pair it with some lean protein like grilled chicken or salmon for a tasty, nutritious, WW-friendly meal!
Making Creamy Corn & Cucumber Salad
This salad comes together in two parts. First, you’ll want to chop all of your veggies, which include:
- Corn – ideally cut off the cob (cooked), but you can use canned if you prefer. Grilled corn on the cob would be amazing here, since it would add a little smokey flavor.
- Cucumbers – I use the small Persian cucumbers and wash and chop them up, skin on. They have great crunch and flavor, but you can use regular cucumber as well (though, you may want to scrape out the seeds).
- Red onion – adds a great little zing.
- Fresh jalapeno – seeds and stems removed, diced, for a little heat and flavor.
- Fresh cilantro, chopped.
Part two is your sauce, which is comprised of:
- Light Mayonnaise
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Fresh lime juice & zest
- Chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin for flavor
- A hint of monk fruit sweetener to bring out the sweetness
Mix up your dressing and then pour it over your vegetable mix. Toss it all together, and serve with some extra chopped cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Note – if you’re planning to make this ahead of time, I recommend storing the veggies and dressing separately. Toss the veggies in the dressing right before serving.
Creamy Corn & Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped finely
- 4 ears corn cooked, cooled, cut off cob
- 6 mini cucumbers sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- Zest of lime
- 1/2 Tsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 Tsp cumin
- Chop all of your vegetables and cilantro and toss in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix together until uniform. Pour dressing over veggies and mix together. Serve with extra lime wedges and top with extra chopped cilantro. Enjoy!