I’m not even joking when I say, I feel like I created something truly genius with this buffalo chicken rice bake. I was trying to use up ingredients I had at home and started throwing stuff together, and the end result is seriously delicious. It’s so easy, requires next to no real cooking, and is a super filling meal that has your protein, veggies, and carbs all in one. It’s also a great idea for meal prep, as you can easily make a lot, storage, and reheat when you’re ready to enjoy. Hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Making a Buffalo chicken rice bake
This dish is a perfect weeknight meal option because it’s so simple and easy to throw together. The only real prep work is to cut some veggies and cook your chicken. Sometimes when I make this, I just use a rotisserie chicken to make it even easier, but I also make it with pre-cooked chicken breast, or whatever I have on hand.
Chop up your chicken in your vegetables and combine in a large mixing bowl. Add your shredded cheese, green onion, frozen cauliflower rice (leave it frozen!), and some instant rice (uncooked- it’ll cook while it bakes).
In another bowl, mix up all of your sauce ingredients, which are hot sauce (I use Frank’s red hot), light cream cheese, light ranch dressing, some seasoning, and some chicken broth. Pour the sauce over your chicken and rice mixture and mix it up well so that everything is coated in the sauce.
Pour the mixture into a well greased 9×9 baking dish and bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the dish is bubbly.
I portion it into six servings by taking a spatula and just slightly tracing lines on the top of the bake for easy scooping. Then scoop out a serving or two, garnish with a drizzle of ranch dressing, and some extra chopped green onion, and enjoy! Store leftovers in airtight containers in the fridge for up to four days, reheating in the microwave as needed.
Buffalo Chicken Rice Bake
- Mixing Bowls
- 9×9 dish
- 4 cups chicken breast cooked diced or shredded
- 2 cups cauliflower rice frozen
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cups instant white rice uncooked
- 2 tbsp light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drizzle of light ranch dressing
- Chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine chicken, cauliflower rice (still frozen), chopped celery, carrot, onion, green onion, shredded cheese, and instant rice in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to fully coat.
- Pour mixture into a 9×9″ baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the edges are browned.
- Finish it off with a drizzle of light ranch dressing and extra chopped green onions.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave for ~1 minute. Enjoy!
If you want larger servings, it’s 6 points a serving when you cut into 4. Click here to add to WW app.