I recently made Banana Oat Bread and it was pretty much love at first bite. It’s thick and has a great texture/chew, is lightly sweet, and is made with all natural ingredients. It’s gluten free, dairy free, easily made vegan, and WW friendly. It’s kind of the perfect recipe for everyone. This Blueberry Banana Oat Bread takes that same awesome recipe to the next level with the addition of fresh, juicy blueberries. It’s naturally sweet and makes for a perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert. I love to slather it in some nut butter and it keeps me satisfied for hours!
Making Blueberry Banana Oat Bread
One of the many reasons I love this recipe – it’s so simple to make. I can get this whipped up in under an hour, so its great for a last minute bake (aka when you notice your bananas have gone brown). To make it, you’ll need:
- 3 ripe bananas (riper the better- it’ll make it sweeter!)
- Blueberries (fresh, frozen, or dried all work). You can also sub any other berry you like here.
- Rolled oats
- Almond flour (you’ll want to sift it to make sure there are no chunks)
- Baking soda + baking powder + a pinch of salt
- Eggs (sub vegan egg if you want to make this vegan)
- Vanilla extract for flavor
- Maple syrup to sweeten (can sub honey or omit sweetener entirely)
First, you’ll want to mash your bananas thoroughly. It’s ok if there are some small chunks because they add a nice texture, but I use a potato masher (like this one) to really mash them up. Then, add your egg, maple syrup, and extract. Mix well. Sift your almond flour and add it, along with oats, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt to the banana mixture. Mix until you have a uniform batter. Lastly, fold in your blueberries gently, until they’re just coated in batter. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan well, fill with batter. You can add some extra blueberries on top as well! Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is firm enough that you can push down and it springs back. Store leftovers in fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Blueberry Banana Oat Bread
- Mixing Bowl
- 9×5 Loaf Pan
- 3 medium bananas overripe, peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- .5 cups almond flour sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan well with cooking spray or line with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- In a bowl, mash banana with egg, maple, maple extract until smooth. Add oats, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder. Fold in blueberries gently.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, top with additional blueberries if desired. Bake for 35-45 minutes (until toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean). Bread should be firm on top, but spring back when you press down. Let bread cool in pan before slicing and enjoying.
- Store unfinished bread in airtight container in the fridge or freezer
4 thoughts on “Blueberry Banana Oat Bread”
I have made it twice already. So satisfying and healthy!
So glad you like it! I make this all the time – always hits the spot! 🙂
Just confirming just half cup almond flour ?