There’s no better way to celebrate the season than with a dish that captures the essence of fresh flavors and wholesome indulgence. Join me as we embark on a culinary adventure thats equal parts delicious and WW friendly- Air Fryer Fish Tacos with Zesty Lime Slaw and Creamy Cilantro Lime Aioli!
These tacos have it all going on, and they’re super simple and quick to make. Perfect for a weeknight dinner AND the leftovers make for a tasty lunch cold the next day. Creamy, tangy aioli is paired with deliciously air fried fish, finished with a bright, limey slaw that adds great crunch. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Making Air Fryer Fish Tacos
Air frying, with its magical ability to create a satisfying crunch without the need for excess oil, opens up a world of possibilities for crafting healthier versions of our favorite dishes. In this recipe, we’ll be treating delicate white fish filets to an air-fried transformation that results in golden perfection.
Let’s dive into the star components of this mouthwatering creation. Imagine tender mahi mahi (or your choice of white fish) enveloped in mini tortillas, forming the base of our tantalizing tacos. Air frying the fish ensures a delightful, tender piece of fish in every bite, without the heaviness of traditional frying.
But what’s a taco without a burst of fresh flavors? Enter the Lime Slaw, a medley of crisp slaw, diced red onion, aromatic cilantro, and a hint of jalapeño for that perfect kick. Drizzled with a zesty blend of lime juice and apple cider vinegar, and seasoned with a dash of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a touch of powdered sugar replacement, this slaw is a symphony of tastes and textures that perfectly complements our air-fried fish.
Now, let’s turn our attention to the pièce de résistance – the Creamy Cilantro Lime Aioli. This luscious concoction, a fusion of light mayo, chopped cilantro, tangy lime juice, lime zest, and minced garlic, adds a creaminess and a burst of herbal freshness to every bite.
Assembling these delectable tacos is a breeze. Slather some cilantro aioli on the base of your tortillas. After air-frying the fish filets to crispy perfection, arrange them on a mini tortilla and top with a generous helping of Lime Slaw. Finish with a slice of avocado, an extra kick of lime juice, and fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- 4 fillets mahi mahi or other white fish
- taco seasoning or salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, lime juice to season fish
- cooking spray
- 12 mini tortillas
- 1 medium avocado cut into 12 slices
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- 14 oz slaw mix
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt pepper garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp powdered sugar replacement
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- zest half a lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Combine aioli ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Combine all slaw ingredients in another bowl, mix together, and set aside.
- Spray fish fillets well with cooking spray, season with taco seasoning (about 1 tsp for all 4) or use your favorite combo of salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and lime juice. Air fry 375 F for 14-16 min, depending on the thickness of your fish. If using frozen fillets, adjust cooking time accordingly. You want your filets lightly browned and at an internal temp of 145F. Let cool slightly.
- For each taco, dollop on some aioli as the base and spread it on the tortilla. Top with some fish (I like to cut it into little chunks), and then top with slaw. Add sliced avocado, fresh chopped cilantro, and a drizzle of fresh lime juice to bring it all together. Enjoy!
- Store ingredients separately in airtight containers in the fridge if you have leftovers. Makes for a delicious lunch the next day cold!