This recipe is equal parts simple and delicious. Combine the smoky allure of barbecued chicken with the sweet and tangy freshness of peach salsa for the ultimate late-summer dish. This scrumptious Air Fryer BBQ Chicken with Fresh Peach Salsa is easy to make, super filling, and is WW friendly.
Making Air Fryer BBQ Chicken with Peach Salsa
Let’s dive into the heart of this creation. The star of the show is the Air Fryer BBQ Chicken, coated with a sumptuous layer of your favorite barbecue sauce (I use Stubbs which is WW friendly and has a great hint of spice that pairs nicely here). The air fryer works its magic, resulting in chicken that’s perfectly cooked and juicy. It’s a dish that encapsulates the essence of a backyard BBQ, minus the hassle of firing up the grill.
But wait, there’s more! Imagine the juicy goodness of ripe peaches mingling with the crunch of mini sweet peppers, the bite of diced onion, and the zing of jalapeño. All this goodness is elevated with the freshness of chopped cilantro. Some zesty lime and a touch of monk fruit sweetener balance the flavors.
To assemble this masterpiece, simply plate your air-fried BBQ chicken and top with Peach Salsa. Each bite is a symphony of textures and tastes. The tender chicken, the smoky BBQ sauce, and the burst of juicy, sweet, and spicy notes from the salsa- yum! Serve with your choice of sides (I usually do some steamed broccoli and/or rice) and enjoy!
Store chicken and salsa separately in air tight containers in the fridge if you plan to make ahead and/or reheat.
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken with Peach Salsa
- Mixing Bowl
- Air Fryer
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 ripe peach diced
- 3 mini sweet peppers diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 2 tbsp jalapeño diced
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 Tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Brush chicken with 1 tbsp of bbq sauce, spray well with cooking spray, and season with salt and pepper on all sides. Air fry at 375f for 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts, until the internal temp reaches 165F.
- Combine peach salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- When chicken is done, brush on an additional 1 tbsp of bbq sauce, then spoon on peach salsa.
- Serve with your choice of sides and enjoy!