Summer has unofficially begun which means it’s time for alllll the citrus desserts! Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite desserts ever – it’s perfectly tart, bright, and sweet. These KEY LIME PIE BARS are super easy to whip up and make for the perfect summer dessert! This key lime pie filling also works great in a pie, so you can press the crust/pour the filling into a standard pie pan, or buy a pre-made pie crust and fill it for a dreamy key lime pie!
Ingredients (makes 8×8 pan):
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 limes (zest)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup key lime juice (1/2 cup for milder flavor)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Whipped cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Crush graham cracker sheets
3. Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar, salt, melted butter, and combine until fully moistened.
4. Press into parchment lined 8×8 baking pan until you have an even bottom crust and bake for 10 min
5. Meanwhile, Beat egg yolks with lime zest, then stir in condensed milk, then add sour cream and lime juice. Stir until mixture is uniform
6. Once it’s out of the oven, pour onto graham cracker crust evenly and put on baking sheet
7. Bake for 15-17 min, it should still jiggle a bit when it comes out. Allow it to cool for 30 min.
8. Put in the fridge for ~3 hours (or more) and then top with whipped cream and sliced limes- enjoy!