Summer may not be my favorite weather season (sorry, I’m a Fall girlie), but it is definitely my favorite produce season. Corn and tomatoes are SO good this time of year, so I knew I had to make something delicious with them. This Corn and Tomato Salad is a quick, simple side dish or meal that’s easy, healthy, and super flavorful. Fresh summer produce is dressed up in a honey lime vinaigrette that’s tangy and sightly sweet, and the whole salad is an explosion of flavors. Sweet, salty, tangy, herby etc – so so good. Whip this up to serve alongside summer barbecues, or top with some protein and it’s a meal on its own!
Making Corn and Tomato Salad
This entire recipe takes just 8 ingredients (yes, including the dressing). It’s so simple, so easy, and so good. To make this salad, you’ll need:
- Cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes work, but I find cherry to be sweeter)
- Corn (fresh, cooked, off the cob is best, or use frozen/canned corn that’s been fully thawed/drained)
- Red onion, chopped finely
- Avocado, diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (omit if you don’t like cilantro)
- Fresh lime juice (if using juice from a bottle, try to find key lime juice)
- Olive oil
- Honey or agave to sweeten the dressing
- Salt/pepper to season as needed
That’s it! To make the salad, just chop your tomatoes, onion, and avocado and toss in a bowl with the corn. Give it a quick mix. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, and honey or agave and mix well. Coat the salad in the dressing and toss it all together. Chop some fresh cilantro for topping and give it a quick mix. Taste it, add salt/pepper as needed. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days, though this salad is best enjoyed fresh. Enjoy!
Corn and Tomato Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1.5 cups corn cooked and removed from cob
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh, chopped
- Cook and remove corn from cob and let cool (or use canned or frozen corn). Combine chopped tomato, corn, avocado, and onion and mix together. Set side.
- In a small mixing bowl or dressing shaker, combine lime juice, olive oil, honey, and season with salt/pepper. Mix together and coat vegetable mix.
- Garnish with cilantro and season with additional salt/pepper as needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!