Looking for a super easy weeknight dinner that you can throw together in the slow cooker and enjoy for days to come? This pork is bursting with flavor – it’s sweet, spicy, smoky and makes for amazing tacos. You could also serve it over rice or veggies for a tasty bowl and lower-carb option!
- 2 lb boneless pork roast
- Tortillas of choice (I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup thick bbq sauce of choice (I used True Made Foods lower sugar bbq sauce)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp chili paste or sriracha
- 2 tbsp ginger (I love The Ginger People minced ginger)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cucumber, cut thin
- Sesame seeds
- Cabbage or slaw, shredded (can toss with a little apple cider vinegar for extra kick)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
1. Combine sauce ingredients and adjust spice level to your preference
2. (Optional) reserve 2 tbsp sauce for topping tacos
3. Put pork roast in slow cooker, cover in sauce, cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours. Should be tender. If there’s not enough liquid, add some chicken broth or@water (about 1/2 cup). 4. Shred carrots and cut cucumber, put in jar of choice (I use a Ball Canning jar), pour rice vinegar, water, and sesame oil in, and shake to distribute. Let sit in fridge while meat cooks so the veggies can pickle.
5. Once meat is done, cut into strips (roughly 2 inches long) or shred with a fork, put in tortilla and top with shredded cabbage and pickled veggies + scallion and sesame seeds. Garnish with extra sauce and a squeeze of lime and enjoy!